Be the hit of the backyard party with this cool and delicious dessert.
The Strawberry Dream Cake incorporates that popular summer delight, strawberries, along with cool cream cheese and chocolate. What could be better?
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, pureed
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 8 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 pint sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Make cake per directions except substitute the 1 1/2 cups of strawberries for the water and add 1 extra egg, (if cake mix calls for 2 eggs add 3), and 8 ounces of the cream cheese at room temperature. Beat well and pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center will not come out clean when this cake is done since it is so moist. Let cake cool fully before frosting.
- To Make Frosting: Heat the heavy cream until just beginning to boil. Pour it over the white chocolate (chopped) and the remaining 4 ounces cream cheese. Mix well and let cool. Once cool fold into the whipped topping. Use to frost cooled cake and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.
Original Recipe Yield 2 -9 inch round layers
Amount Per Serving Calories: 272 | Total Fat: 16.3g | Cholesterol: 31mg
Give a stronger flavor by using strawberry cream cheese in the cake and making it a day in advance and storing in the fridge. The flavor is much stronger (and tastier) the next day. Also an easy way to make sure you have no clumps in your frosting; let the cream cheese come to room temperature, dice up into cubes and put in a blender, finely chop the white chocolate and once the cream is warmed melt the chocolate in it then pour the warm chocolate/cream mixture over cream cheese, cover and blend until smooth. I've made the frosting with both cool whip and fresh whipping cream it is much better with heavy whipping cream. This is my go to recipe whenever we have company for dinner